I’ve been sitting around the last couple of days thinking about my blog and how I want to change it this year. Usually I post about sessions and that’s all fine and dandy but when it comes down to it, I want to blog about me too. What I’m up to, hobbies, travels, etc. I want my clients to know about me. It makes perfect sense. If I were a bride, for example, and I was searching around for photographers and I came across a blog like this one, I would love to find that maybe we had the same favorite color, or that that photographer liked to crochet like I do. If I were to put myself out there more, my clients would know me more and that just makes for a better relationship. Again, I always stress that I want my clients to become friends, not just someone who pays me and I do the service and we never speak again. That seems so cold and dry.
I wanted to come up with monthly goals so that I had a “to do” list to keep me on track (personally and for my business). From now on, you’ll all be seeing a LOT more posts from me and see more of what I’m up to when I’m not behind the camera.
BUSINESS GOALS FOR JANUARY
• Tackle my “to do” list
• Blog on a regular basis (not just session, my personal stuff too)
• Start design on bridal welcome packet
• Pay sales tax for last quarter
• Start gathering up info for taxes (this is my LEAST favorite time of year…. taxes)
• Prepare for bridal show later this month
• Update wedding production board
• Make Portrait production board
• Order more stationary (about to run out eek!)
• Shoot my step sister’s wedding WELL!
• Buy plane tickets and book hotel for Katelyn James Photography’s workshop Feb. 4
PERSONAL GOALS FOR JANUARY
• Eat better and exercise more! (Let’s face it, this is hard for anyone LOL)
• Drink more water
• Go to church more often
• Spend wiser (shouldn’t be too hard, we just had Christmas!!!)
• Make better use of my time
I’m definitely a “to do” list kind of girl. Let me know how you stay organized and on track. Maybe some of your ideas would help me.